Single Entry Tourist Visa

Tourist Visa Visitors from other countries that would love to enjoy their vacation in Thailand for over 30 days are required to obtain a Thai tourist visa that is valid for 60 days from the day of obtention. You can get this before traveling from the Thai consulate or the Thai embassy in your country. The process takes around 48 hours depending on where you apply for your visa.

What is required to get the visas?
Before you submit  your visa application, you should know what is needed to avoid a lot of unnecessary hustle. Below is a list of the requirements that you need to have:

  • A completed visa application form.
  • Proof that you can support yourself financially during the entire stay in Thailand. (Always refer to the website of the Thai consulate where you wish to apply for your visa for additional details as Thai embassies in certain countries have very specific requirements.)
  • Details of your flight ticket (including return ticket return).

What are the rules for extending the tourist visa?

For its first extension, the permit holder is given 30 days. Carefully studying the tourist visa reveals that a visitor can stay for 90 days in Thailand on a single entry visa which has an extension of 30 days. For the foreigners with a double entry visa, they can extend their stay to a total of 180 days thanks to the visa run. To enjoy the extensions, it is important to note that you have to visit a Thai Immigration Office that are located in several places in the country. It does not come free of charge as you will also be required to pay an extension fee of THB 1900 for every extension.

Single or multiple entry?

There are 2 types of visas that tourists can look into; the “single entry” and the “multiple enry visa” thus, it is best to do your research before you apply for one so that you can pick the one that is most appropriate. You may choose to get a single entry visa or the new Multiple Entry Tourist Visa. It is preferred by many foreigners as it will allow you to stay for quite along time in Thailand but it is harder to get and more expensive. Indeed getting this type of visa may not be a walk in the park for many.

What are the other visas a person can apply for to stay a long time in Thailand?

  • Retirement Visa– But only if you are 50 years old or more
  • Marriage Visa – This is for people who are married to a Thai national and have registered their marriage in the country as the Thai Embassy requires a valid marriage certificate for the application process.

To get any of the above visas, you will be required first to get a 90 day or 3-month visa from the embassy and then it will be extended in the country. You may get professional assistance from a visa service if you find the process to be complicated.