Planning to study Thai in a Language School?
A student visa is required if you wish to come to Thailand to study for an extended period of time. You should therefore apply for and ED Visa at Thai Embassy or consulate prior to your arrival in Thailand.
If you are currently in your country of residence and plan on moving to Thailand to study on an education visa, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will help you obtain a 1 year ED visa before you arrive in Chiang Mai.
What you should know
- Learning Thai is the ideal way to facilitate communication and with Thai people and get a better understanding of the Thai culture. Even with some simple basic language skills can change the perception Thai people have of you and make your life in Thailand a lot more enjoyable.
- To be eligible for an education visa, you should be prepared to study Thai language for a minimum of 180 hours within a year.
- You will have to report to Chiang Mai immigration office.
- You will be required to actually study Thai and might the immigration office might assess your level quickly when you do a 90 Day report.
If you are considering applying for an education visa in Chiang Mai, please consider contacting us to organise a consultation to confirm that this would be the best visa solution for you.
How we can assist you
- We will make sure that a student visa is the best visa for your situation and that you qualify.
- If you are still looking for the right place to study, we will recommend an affordable and reliable Thal Language School and assist you during the enrollment process.
- We will provide you with accurate answers and recommendations in line with the current Chiang Mai Immigration rules relevant to your situation.
- Take your required visa application photo.
- Complete all required paperwork to support you student visa application
- When you need to extend your visa in Chiang Mai we will queue at the Thai Immigration office on your behalf and confirm the time of your appointment.
- Accompany you to the Chiang Mai Immigration office from our office.
- Facilitate communication with the immigration officers.