Number#1 Chiang Mai – Mae Sai Visa Run Service
17/07/2014 – NOTICE: if you are in Thailand on a Visa Exemption, YOU CAN STILL GO TO MAE SAI UP TO 3 TIMES, but will likely get turned down if you try to get a 4th Entry Stamp at this border crossing.
Please also note that you will not be stranded in Burma if you are turned down at the border as the immigration officers on duty will simply refuse to let you leave the country in Mae Sai. You will then have to come back to Chiang Mai to find an alternative solution if you wish to extend your stay in Thailand.
Non-Immigrant Visa or Tourist visa holders with remaining entries on their visa can exit and enter Thailand as before.
Your trip to Ma Sai will start early in the morning between 7 A.M and 8 A.M. The mini bus will pick you up at your hotel or guesthouse in town or at a convenient location along the route of our minivan. The trip to and from the border takes on average 4 hours each way.
Please consider contacting us or booking online early and at least a day ahead of time, as during the high season the mini bus/mini van could be full several days in advance.
The air-conditioned mini bus can transport up 12 passengers to the border crossing in Mae Sai – Tachilek.
Your driver will take a break along the way to allow for travelers to use toilets and buy refreshments.
Passengers will be dropped off in Mae Sai on the Thai side of the border and your driver will set a time and place for you to meet for the ride back to Chiang Mai. The mini bus will wait at the border for passengers to come back for around 60 – 70 minutes.
Travelers are advised to prioritize the visa run process and not to spend too much time in the shops around the border, allowing enough time for waiting at the border crossing on the way out to Tachilek (Myanmar) and on the way back so as not to delay the return trip to Chiang Mai.
By booking your seat early you will:
- Ensure that you do not risk overstaying passed the expiration date of your current visa ( Fined 500 BHT per day by Thai Immigration Police)
- Make sure you have a seat on the minibus when you require it.
- Have the option to secure a particular seat on the minibus (+50 BHT Only on request )
Mae Sai Visa Run Requirements
- Don’t forget your passport and TM card normally attached inside your passport at the time of your arrival in Thailand!
- Carry at least 500 baht, that’s the fee per person you will have to pay when entering Myanmar to the Burmese Immigration Police.
- This is an express trip and will give an hour to cross over to Myanmar and come back to Thailand. While your driver will wait for you. Watch the time and try not to make other passengers wait for you.
Please take notice:
- We do not offer any warranty regarding the outcome of your visa run Mae Sai. We will gladly offer advice regarding your visa situation in Thailand but we only provide a transportation service from Chiang Mai to Mae Sai. It is your responsibility to make sure your legal situation in Thailand is compliant with Thai immigration regulations.
- We cannot transport large bags and large backpacks. The minibus is not equipped to store them. If you carry a bag larger than 45cm x 30cm x 20cm which would not fit on your lap or below your seat, please let us know when you book your seat.