<< LOW SEASON SCHEDULE >>
WE CURRENTLY PROVIDE 3 TRIPS TO THE BORDER PER WEEK : MONDAY / WEDNESDAY / SATURDAY.
( Normal schedule will resume after 31/10/2015)
YOUR VISA RUN ITINERARY
Your trip to Mae Sai will start early in the morning between 7 A.M and 8 A.M. The minivan will pick you up at your hotel or guesthouse in town or at a convenient location. The trip to and from the border takes on average 4 hours each way.
Your driver will take a break along the way so that all passengers can use toilets and buy refreshments.
All passengers will be dropped off in Mae Sai on the Thai side of the border and your driver will set a time and place for you to meet him again after you have completed your ‘border run’ for the ride back to Chiang Mai.
The mini bus will wait at the border for passengers to come back for around 60 – 70 minutes.Travelers are advised to prioritize the visa run process and not to spend too much time in the shops around the border in order not to delay the return to Chiang Mai.
THE BORDER IS OPEN EVERY DAY
IF YOU HAVE A MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA:
- You have a multiple entry visa of any type and want to activate your next entry. You can do that in Mae Sai easily.
IF YOU ONLY HAVE A 30 DAY STAMP OBTAINED ON ARRIVAL AT THE AIRPORT THEN:
- We cannot guarantee that your border run will be successful and you might unexpectedly be denied based on the appreciation of the officer on duty.
- Always carry a copy of your outbound plane ticket if you decide to try.
- We cannot be held responsible if for any reason you are denied a visa extension at the border.
FOR CHINESE IN THAILAND FOR 15 DAYS:
- Chinese nationals can apply for a new visa at the immigration office in Mae Sai and will be granted a 15 day extension)
(Additional requirements for Chinese nationals: copy of passport + copy of visa page + 2 photos + 1000 bht )
Questions? Call us everyday between 9.00AM and 8:00pm: 093 264 27 26
Don’t forget your passport and departure card normally attached inside your passport at the time of your arrival in Thailand!
Carry at least 500 baht or a brand new 10 USD bill, that’s the fee per person you will have to pay when entering Myanmar to the Burmese Immigration Police.
Ensure that you do not risk overstaying passed the expiration date of your current visa ( Fined 500 BHT per day by Thai Immigration Police)
Make sure you have a seat on the minibus when you need it. Our air-conditioned minivans can transport up 12 passengers to the border crossing between Mae Sai – Tachilek.
Secure a particular seat on the minibus (+50 BHT Only on request )