Number#1 Chiang Mai – Mae Sai Visa Run Service
Your trip to Ma Sai will start early in the morning between 7 A.M and 8 A.M. The mini bus will pick you up at your hotel or guesthouse in town or at a convenient location along the route of the minivan. Your border run from Chiang Mai to Mae Sai takes 4 hours each way.
Please consider contacting us or booking online early and at least a day ahead of time, as during the high season the mini bus/mini van could be full several days in advance.
Depending on your location you will be picked up at your guesthouse, hotel, house or, if you live too far away from the center of the city, we will agree on a convenient location for you to wait for your pick up.
The air-conditioned mini bus can transport between 10 and 13 passengers to the border crossing in Mae Sai – Tachilek.
Your driver will take a break along the way to allow for travelers to use toilets and buy drinks and snacks.
Passengers will be dropped off in Mae Sai on the Thai side of the border and your driver will set a time and place for you to meet for the ride back to Chiang Mai. The mini bus will wait at the border for passengers to come back for around 60 – 70 minutes.
Travelers are advised to prioritize the visa run process and not to spend too much time in the shops around the border, allowing enough time for waiting at the border crossing on the way out to Tachilek (Myanmar) and on the way back so as not to delay the return trip to Chiang Mai.
We wish to kindly advise you not to wait until the last minute to book your seat.
By booking your seat early you will:
- Ensure that you do not risk overstaying passed the expiration date of your current visa ( Fined 500 BHT per day by Thai Immigration Police)
- Make sure you have a seat on the minibus when you require it.
- Have the option to secure a particular seat on the minibus (Only on request )
Mae Sai Visa Run Requirements
- Don’t forget your passport and TM card normally attached inside at the time of your arrival in Thailand!
- Carry at least 500 baht, that’s the fee per person you will have to pay when entering Myanmar.
- This is an express trip and will give an hour to cross over to Myanmar and come back to Thailand. While your driver will wait for you. Watch the time and try not to make other passengers wait for you.
- Recently the Thai immigration officers at Mae Sai border crossing have been known to be more “difficult” with people carrying more than 4 consecutive stamps in their passport.
- Good News for some travelers wishing to stay longer in Chiang Mai by doing back to back border runs: 30 days for holders of passports from UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy. The Royal Thai Immigration Bureau has confirmed that holders of passports of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy are since November 1, 2013 given 30 days at land borders instead of previously only 15 days. Read it on Thai Visa here
Please take notice:
- We do not offer any warranty regarding the outcome of your visa run Mae Sai. We can offer advice regarding your visa situation in Thailand but we only provide a transportation service from Chiang Mai to Mae Sai. It is your responsibility to make sure your legal situation in Thailand is compliant with Thai immigration regulations.
- We cannot transport large bags and large backpacks. The minibus is not equipped to store them. If you carry a bag larger than 45cm x 30cm x 20cm which would not fit on your lap or below your seat, please let us know when you book your seat.